Certified Family Practice
Virginia Hawthorne is a Certified Family Nurse Practitioner with a sub-specialty in Endocrinology serving the health needs of all generations at the Davenport Clinic and the Lincoln Hospital Emergency Department. Her services include…
- Chronic disease management
- Women’s Health & Gynecology
- Men’s Health
- Endocrinology – including Diabetes, thyroid disorders, osteoporosis, and lipid management
- Sick Call & Urgent Care
- Sports Medicine & Athletic Physicals
- Employment Physicals
What is a Family Nurse Practitioner?
Family Nurse Practitioners in Washington state are licensed, independent practitioners who practice as primary and/or specialty care providers. Family Nurse Practitioners are ARNPs (Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners) who obtain graduate or doctoral level education and post-masters certifications. ARNPs pass a National Board certification exam, maintain state licensures, and require continuing education credits yearly. ARNPs must undergo periodic peer review, go through clinical outcome evaluations and follow a code of ethical practice.
Like physicians, nurse practitioners are accountable for health care outcomes. To insure the highest quality of care, ARNPs work autonomously and in collaboration with other health care professionals. Nurse Practitioners are known for their caring bedside manner and are trained to be proactive in educating patients about their condition, treatment options and prevention.
Besides diagnosing and managing acute episodic and chronic illnesses, ARNPs emphasize health promotion and disease prevention. Most nurse practitioners, including Virginia, are qualified to write prescriptions and must update credits to renew their license for this annually.
- Lincoln Hospital & North Basin Medical Clinics — Family Practice
- Washington State University College of Nursing – Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Duke University School of Nursing – Family Nurse Practitioner
- Duke University School of Nursing – Post Master’s Specialty Certificate – Endocrinology
Licensure & Certifications
- Board Certified, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support — ACLS
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support — PALS
- Advanced Trauma Life Support — ATLS
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program – NRP
Honors & Awards
- Presidential Volunteer Service Award – Gold Level
- American Red Cross – 1000+ hours award
- American Red Cross – Spotlight Award
- S. Army Garrison Rheinland-Pfalz – Certificate of Achievement