Board Certified Family Practice
- Women’s Health & Gynecology
- Pediatrics including Well Child & Immunizations
- Sick Call & Urgent Care
- Sports Medicine & Athletic Physicals
- Diabetes Program
- Employment Physicals
What is a Nurse Practitioner?
Nurse Practitioners are primary health care providers who work side by side with physicians to provide medical services in a variety of healthcare settings. ARNPs (Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners) are Registered Nurses who have completed advanced study programs and passed the National Board exam. To maintain a license, state and national licensers require continuing education credits yearly, and ARNPs must undergo periodic peer review, go through clinical outcome evaluations and follow a code of ethical practice.
Like physicians, nurse practitioners are accountable for health care outcomes. To insure the highest quality of care, NPs work beside doctors and communicate readily on procedures, patient progress and follow-up. Nurse Practitioners are known for their caring bedside manner and are trained to be proactive in educating patients about their condition, treatment options and prevention.
Besides diagnosing and managing acute episodic and chronic illnesses, ARNPs emphasize health promotion and disease prevention. Most Nurse Practitioners, including Virginia, are qualified to write prescriptions and must update credits to renew their license for this annually.
Nurse Practitioners practice full-scope family medicine, including:
- Ear, Nose & Throat
- Men’s Health
- Somatic Pain (Bone & Joint)
- Systemic Problems (Organs & body systems)
- Soft Tissue Injuries & Sports Medicine
- Lincoln Hospital & North Basin Medical Clinics — Family Practice
- Washington State University College of Nursing – Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Duke University School of Nursing – Family Nurse Practitioner
- Duke University School of Nursing – Post Master’s Specialty Certificate – Endocrinology
Licensure & Certifications
- Board Certified, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support — ACLS
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support — PALS
- Advanced Trauma Life Support — ATLS
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program – NRP
Honors & Awards
- Presidential Volunteer Service Award – Gold Level
- American Red Cross – 1000+ hours award
- American Red Cross – Spotlight Award
- U.S. Army Garrison Rheinland-Pfalz – Certificate of Achievement